Saturday, October 15, 2011



Out of the many stakes given tickets for the groundbreaking, each ward was only given 20 tickets. Everyone else could go to the Stake Centers and watch the ceremony via satelite transmission. We were not one of the fortunate to get tickets......but that wasn't going to stop me from going! (I was not being disobedient..... ;o) ) Many people in the neighborhood just went and stood on the otherside of the ropes. The police and fire dept. were there and they didn't say anything to those who "crashed" the ceremony. Most of my ward, including my bishop, who didn't have tickets were on the side-lines to watch it all first hand. Sydney and Jaxson were there for the whole thing, sitting with friends. But Reid and Blake didn't make it past the opening prayer so we had to go so as not to make a bunch of noise. I could hear the speakers from my bathroom windows but not as clear as if I were down there. When I asked if they remembered what was said, both Jaxson and Sydney said no. But I'm glad they were there to be able to say they went and they will always remember the feeling.

No comments: