Monday, January 14, 2008

January Birthdays!

Let me first start by saying Happy Birthday to Colbin, Ty, Blake and Sydney! All had birthdays this month and I blew it by not contacting Colby or Ty on their birthdays--I hope they had wonderful birthdays as they both turned 11!

Today was Sydney's birthday, so we headed over to her house to help celebrate. She first opened a card from Buddy and Granmama that had birthday wishes from Cinderella. Cinderella told her that she would be the princess for the day and boy was that dead on. After opening up clothing gifts from her aunts, she opened her present from her Mom, Dad and two brothers--a Cinderella outfit and matching jewelry! She quickly asked to put on the outfit and within minutes, she was dressed and looking every bit the princess. A few moments passed when Jaxson saw a package being delivered on the front porch. It was a gift from Tia Ivonne (Tia Bonne as the kids say) and it was a big hit! She got another dress up outfit in the form of a fairy costume. It was just the perfect gift for a little girl who LOVES every princess that Disney can come up with.

This reminds me of something that happened a few months ago when Jessica and her family were still living with us. I had stopped off at the store on my way home from work and I saw the cutest PJ bottoms with Tinkerbell all over them. They were on extreme clearance and so I thought Sydney would get a kick out of having her Mom and Aunts own a pair, so I picked up 3 of them and headed home. When the PJs were on, Sydney didn't find this amusing. She screamed at Jessica telling her that those were HER Tinkerbell PJs. I was very insensitive as I wasn't thinking as a 2 year old would think and never imagined her having that reaction. It took a few episodes of Jessica wearing them in front of her before she got used to the idea--I won't soon forget to try to think through a child's perspective the next time I have a so-called bright idea.

Well, getting back to the birthday girl, here's some footage from her special day:

No comments: